Delicious Crab Wonton (Rangoon) Recipe
Great anytime, try these crab cream cheese filling wontons. Enjoy!
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style Recipe
- Wonton filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce or steak sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup Chinese chives (garlic chives), thinly sliced, or substitute with green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound imitation crab meat
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package won ton pi
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour to enhance (meld) the flavors.
- Add a tablespoon of water to egg and beat. This will be used to seal edges of wrapper.
- Take about a teaspoon wonton filling and place at corner of wrapper, then fold over to make a triangular shape. Moisten edges with egg wash.
- Deep fry wontons for about a minute or until golden brown.
- Drain and serve hot.
You can also substitute Chinese chives with green onions.
Simple and Easy Crab Wontons (Rangoon)
Here’s a simple demonstration for crab rangoon using green onions and a different wonton shape. Enjoy!
How to Make Easy Crab Rangoon