Imitation Crab Sushi Rice
A great dish for potlucks, with mayonnaise and sour cream, can’t go wrong. Enjoy!
Crab Sushi Rice
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4½ cups cooked white rice
- ½ cup nori furikake
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package or 8 sticks imitation crab, cut in half and shredded
- 1 small container tobikko (optional)
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in hot water until soft. Then squeeze excess liquid. Remove stems and slice.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, spread cooled cooked rice in bottom of pan. Sprinkle nori furikake over rice.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded imitation crab, sliced shiitake mushrooms and tobikko. Then spread over furikake rice.
- Broil until crab mixture starts to sizzle or is lightly browned.
You can omit the tobikko, and add a bit more furikake. It still taste good. Enjoy!