Delicious Coconut Mochi
A simple coconut mochi cake. To make it colorful just add a few drops of food coloring into mochiko batter before baking. Enjoy!
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
- 1-1/3 sticks of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 box mochiko flour, plus ½ cup
- 2 cups coconut milk, thawed
- 1¾ cup milk
- 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- Potato starch (Katakuriko), optional
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla and use electric mixer until incorporated.
- Gradually add coconut milk, and regular milk, alternating between the mochiko flour. Beat until combined.
- If using food coloring, add a few drops and mix by hand to get desired color.
- Pour mochiko into greased 13 x 9-inch.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- While still warm coat with potato starch (katakuriko), optional