Coconut Milk Bundt Cake with Glaze
Light and soft coconut milk bundt cake with a sugar and coconut milk glaze. Enjoy!
Coconut Milk Bundt Cake
Cuisine: Local Style
- Dry ingredients:
- 3 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 stick butter
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) coconut milk, reserve some for glaze
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Top with shredded coconut
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease well and flour bundt pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
- Cream together butter, oil and sugar, then add egg yolks.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with coconut milk to butter mixture. Slowly mix until combined.
- Beat egg whites with hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- Pour in greased bundt pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 - 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Mix together powdered sugar and coconut milk until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Top with shredded coconut.
Be sure to grease or spray bundt pan well so it won't stick. Drizzle glaze over warm cake or you can let it cool completely. When cake is still warm the glaze melts into some of the cake. Delicious.