Crispy Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Add a little coconut to your cookies, delicious! Enjoy!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cuisine: Local Style
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut extract. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt, add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Makes about 1-1/4 dozen.
Use a good cookie sheet or baking sheet for best results.