Baked Chow Mein Noodles
Simple and delicious local style baked chow mein noodle recipe. Great for pot lucks. Enjoy!
Chow Mein Noodle Recipe
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style Recipe
- 2 packages chow mein noodles
- 1 package bean sprouts
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- ¼ pound string beans, cut as desired
- ¾ pound char siu, sliced as desired
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl or broiler pan, combine noodles, sprouts, carrots, beans, char siu and mushrooms.
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix well then pour over noodles. Mix all ingredients together and place in broiler pan or large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and stir noodles and return to oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes more. Add additional oyster sauce if needed and mix again.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.