Local Style Chopped Steak
Simple and tasty local style chopped steak. Enjoy!
Cuisine: Local Style
- 1½ pounds steak, thinly chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, cut in half and smashed
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix soy sauce and sugar together. Add meat and marinade for one hour.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown garlic and ginger then add meat. Cook until steak is medium well done.
- Add sliced onions and cook until translucent. Turn heat lower.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch, vinegar and water. Add to chopped steak and mix until thickened.