Delicious Chocolate Mochi Bars
Try this Japanese local style mochi bars with a touch of delicious chocolate. Enjoy!
Chocolate Mochi Bars
- 1 cup mochiko flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup melted chocolate, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Sift together mochiko flour, sugar and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add egg and beat well. Then add evaporated milk and vanilla and mix together.
- Add chocolate chips and butter in a microwaveable bowl. Heat for about 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Then add to egg mixture and mix.
- Combine wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir until smooth. Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool 2-3 hours before slicing. Run a butter knife along sides of pan to loosen slightly while chocolate mochi is cooling. Don't refrigerate.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over bars for some extra chocolate flavor. Optional.