Easy Chocolate Eclair Cake
Use your favorite chocolate syrup for this easy and delicious chocolate eclair cake recipe. Enjoy!
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Cuisine: Local Style
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container cool whip
- Chocolate syrup
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or use cooking spray to cover bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Crust: In a mixing bowl, sift or mix together flour, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, bring water to a boil and add butter. When butter is melted add flour mixture and turn heat off. Stir until soft dough like texture forms; place in mixing bowl.
- Add beaten eggs to dough and mix with electric beater until incorporated. Spread onto bottom and sides of lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake crust 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool to room temperature.
- Filling: In a medium size bowl, add cream cheese, milk and instant pudding mix. Mix with electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese pudding mixture over cooled crust and refrigerate until firm.
- Spread cool whip over filling. Top with chocolate syrup and shredded coconut before serving.