Lilikoi Chiffon Pie
Try this light and delicious Chiffon Pie recipes. Just add a nice scoop of Haupia ice-cream on the side. Yummy!
Chiffon Pie "Lilikoi" Recipe
Cuisine: Hawaiian Local Style
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup lilikoi (passion) concentrated juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 envelope gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 9-inch baked pastry shell
- Whipped cream or cool whip
- Beat egg yolks until thick.
- Blend in salt, ½ cup sugar, and juice concentrate.
- Cook mixture over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Soften gelatin in water; stir into hot mixture until gelatin is dissolved.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into pie shell and chill until firm.
- Cover with whipped cream.
Chiffon Pie Versatile Low Carb Pie