Easy Chicken Udon Soup Recipe
Delicious Japanese local style chicken udon soup recipe. Enjoy!
Chicken Udon Soup Recipe
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
Recipe type: Soups
- ¾ cup shiitake mushrooms, re-hydrated, sliced
- 2 chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 cups dashi, fish or chicken broth
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake, white wine or dry sherry
- 2 packages udon, fresh, frozen or dried
- 4 stalks green onions, thinly sliced or chopped
- Place dried shiitake mushrooms in warm water for a few minutes, or until soft. Squeeze excess liquid and thinly slice; set aside.
- Cut thighs into bite size pieces. In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups dashi, salt, soy sauce, mirin and sake to a boil; add chicken. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add udon, mushrooms and green onions; simmer for a few minutes.
- Equally add udon in 4 to 6 small soup bowls. Pour soup over noodles then garnish with more green onions.
Can also use chicken breast, meat or pork.
Chicken Udon Recipe – Japanese Cooking 101