Three Delicious Chicken Luau Recipes
Here are three delicious recipes for chicken luau. An easy baked casserole, classic and crock pot recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds fresh taro leaves, washed and deveined, or 2 pounds frozen prepared luau leaves
- 5 pounds chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons Hawaiian salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans coconut milk
- Boil taro leaves until completely wilted. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Spread on bottom of baking dish.
- Next, salt and pepper chicken and brown on both sides.
- Place chicken on top of luau leaves.
- Spread cream of chicken soup over chicken, then pour coconut milk over soup.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about an hour.
- 2 pounds luau leaves
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds cooked boneless chicken or squid
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Hawaiian salt
- To prepare luau leaves: wash thoroughly, remove stems and fibrous parts of
- In a large pot, add luau leaves and water; then bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for one hour, stirring frequently.
- To prepare chicken: Cut meat into small pieces and saute in two tablespoons butter. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain leaves thoroughly and stir in coconut milk, chicken and Hawaiian salt. Heat through but do not boil.
Try this easy crock pot Chicken Luau Stew recipe.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 package luau leaves, peel and chop up the (Ha) stems
- 1 Maui onion, chopped
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs, chopped and salted
- Hawaiian salt
- Add enough coconut milk to cover bottom of crock pot.
- Line about ½ of luau leaves over coconut milk
- Add a little more coconut milk over leaves
- Add half of the onions and stems and add more coconut milk, then add the
remaining onions, stems, chicken and coconut milk.
- Cover mixture with the other ½ of luau leaves.
- Cook and set on high for 6 hours. After 4 hours into cooking, press luau leaves into liquid.