Baked Chicken Luau Recipe
Just adding a can of condensed cream of chicken really made this so flavorful. Enjoy!
Baked Chicken Luau
Cuisine: Hawaiian Local Style
- 1 pound fresh luau leaves
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon Hawaiian salt
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in, with skin
- 1 can (10.5 ounce) cream of chicken
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) coconut milk
- Wash luau leaves and remove stems. In a large pot bring 2 cups water to a boil and add a pinch of Hawaiian or kosher salt. Then add leaves and reduce heat. Simmer 30 to 40 minutes, leaves should be wilted. Drain in a colander, you don't have to squeeze out liquid. Place on bottom of baking pan.
- Place chicken thighs on top of leaves and season with salt and pepper. Then spread cream of chicken on top of thighs. Pour coconut milk over entire mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Mix together before serving.