Slow Cooker Chicken Long Rice
You’ll find this tasty and easy slow cooker chicken long rice. Serve as a main or side dish with some lau lau and poi. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds or 5 to 6 pieces chicken thighs with bone-in, remove skin
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon hawaiian salt
- 5 to 6 inch piece of ginger, sliced into 4 pieces, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 to 8 ounces long rice
- Garnish: 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- Place thawed chicken thighs in slow cooker and pour chicken broth over. Sprinkle hawaiian salt, then add ginger slices and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred chicken while in pot and remove bones.
- Add noodles and press in broth. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove ginger and garnish with green onions.
Here’s a recipe for making chicken long rice on your stove top. Enjoy!