Crispy Chicken Katsu with Dipping Sauce
A delicious local Japanese favorite, for a little heat add some red chili pepper flakes to sauce. Enjoy!
Chicken Katsu with Katsu Sauce
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 package panko or more if needed
- ¼ teaspoon each, pepper, Hawaiian salt, garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Katsu Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅛ each pepper, garlic powder, tabasco, or paprika
- Place panko in a small baking pan. Add seasonings and mix together.
- In a medium size bowl, beat together eggs then add cornstarch and water. Mix well.
- Place chicken into egg batter until both sides are coated. Then place in panko crumbs to coat both sides of chicken.
- Place in heated deep fryer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Katsu sauce - combine sauce ingredients and mix well. Adjust seasonings as desired.
Chicken Katsu by CookingAndCrafting