Char Siu Fried Rice Recipe
Try Sam Choy’s famous and easy fried rice recipe.
If you’re hungry for fried rice this recipe uses fresh cooked white rice and lots of char siu. You can also add spam or other types of meat. Enjoy!
- 6 cups hot cooked rice (long grain white rice)
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup oyster sauce
- Pork mixture:
- ½ pound char siu and/or Spam, diced ¼-inch pieces
- ⅔ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Optional: add in some cooked eggs, frozen peas and carrots, thawed.
- Cook about 2½ cups to 3 cups uncooked rice to make about 6 cups of cooked rice.
- Whisk together soy sauce and oyster sauce; set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add char siu until it starts to sizzle, then fold in cooked rice and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in sauce mixture and green onions. Mix together and rice should have a light brown color.