Moist Carrot Cake with Pineapple
Delicious and moist carrot cake with pineapple and macadamia nuts. Topped with a classic cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
Carrot Cake with Pineapple
Cuisine: Local Style Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⅓ cups canola oil
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 box (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ stick butter or 2 ounces, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Cake: Preheat oven 350 degrees. Butter and flour (2) loaf pans, or (1) 9 x 13-inch. In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and oil, then add vanilla. The batter should look light yellow in color.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Fold in carrots, pineapple and nuts. Mix well.
- Frosting: Combine cream cheese and butter and mix until blended. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Gradually add ½ cup powdered sugar at a time and beat until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes before frosting cake.