Local Style Bibingka – Filipino Coconut Cake
There are several local style recipes for this delicious dessert. Here is a simple bibingka filipino coconut cake recipe to try. Enjoy!
Bibinka Filipino Coconut Cake
- 1½ sticks butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 box rice flour (mochiko)
- 1 can coconut milk, and add milk to make 4 cups total
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar, and then add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, rice flour and coconut milk mixture. Blend together and pour into greased pan and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool then slice.
If you have banana leaves, you can line your baking dish with wilted banana leaves then pour your batter over leaves. Cook as instructed.
Here is a good traditional recipe for Bibingka.