Local Japanese Style Beef Sukiyaki
Easy and delicious beef sukiyaki local Japanese style recipe. Enjoy!
- 1½ pounds beef, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms, reserve liquid
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 oz.) can bamboo shoots, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ pound bean sprouts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 block firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 4 green onions, cut 1-inch pieces
- Drain mushrooms and save liquid. Add hot water to liquid to make ¾ cup, set aside.
- Drain and rinse bamboo shoots and cut into thin strips, set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown beef. Add half the mushroom liquid, onions and bamboo shoots and stir fry for several minutes. Mix together sugar and soy sauce then add to skillet. Simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining liquid, mushrooms, green onions and bean sprouts.
- Season with salt and gently fold in tofu. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.