Chinese Style Beef Broccoli
A simple and tasty local style beef broccoli recipe. Enjoy!
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style Recipe
- 1 pound top sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely minced
- ⅓ cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place sliced meat in bowl. Mix together soy sauce, cornstarch and pepper then add to meat. Mix well and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a large pan or wok. Add broccoli florets and cover. Let cook for about 3 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and slightly soft. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium high, add marinated meat and let brown on each side.
- Push meat to the side and add garlic and ginger. Stir fry for about 30 seconds or until you can smell the aromatics from the garlic and ginger. Then stir fry together with beef.
- Add in sauce and stir. Turn heat down and let simmer until sauce is slightly thickened. Then add broccoli and toss together.
You can adjust ingredients according to taste. Enjoy!
Here’s a good simple recipe with a different technique and a variation of ingredients.
Chinese Beef Broccoli Recipe