Banana Bread Low Fat Recipe
Try using applesauce for this low fat banana bread recipe. Enjoy!
Banana Bread - Low Fat
Cuisine: Local Style
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x5x3 inch bread pan.
- Beat applesauce and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Stir in whole wheat flour and add to first mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in mashed bananas, vanilla and walnuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto rack.