Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Poke
Ahi Tuna Poke is among the top foods to eat in Hawaii. The Yellow fin Tuna when available and affordable is delicious fresh with a little Hawaiian salt. Here are two classic poke recipes to make. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds ahi, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup maui onion, or yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ to ½ cup limu kohu (adjust to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons ground kukui nuts (Inamona)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ to ⅓ cup shoyu (optional)
- Mix sesame oil with shoyu separately.
- Add onions, limu, and ground kukui nuts to fish and mix together.
- Add sesame and shoyu mixture to ahi, adjust according to taste.
- Chill it if you can. We normally just eat it as is. It's always good.
Here’s a Limu Poke recipe using the following ingredients: hawaiian salt, kukui nut, chili pepper flakes, sesame seeds, green onions, shoyu, sesame oil, sweet onion and limu.