Local Style Portuguese Sausage Baked Beans
For a little kick to your beans use the hot Portuguese sausage. The mild works great especially if serving this to younger children. Enjoy!
Portuguese Sausage Baked Beans
- 1 (3 pound) can pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ pound bacon, diced
- 1 small Portuguese sausage, diced
- ½ teaspoon hot mustard, optional
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes.
Slice a few pieces of sausage to place on top of beans. If you can't get local Portuguese sausage you can substitute with Chorizo or your favorite sausage.